Setting Condition for Clipart Layer
TABLE OF CONTENTS
These are the primary contents covered in this article:
Showcase: Insert and Set Conditions to Cat Costume Clipart Layers
This article will help you understand how to set condition for a Clipart Layer.
In the Advanced Options section, specifically for Clipart/Text/Mask you will have the button called Set Conditions For This Layer.
To set a condition:
Choose the Layer you want to add condition then open Layers Options > Advance Options
Click Set Conditions For This Layer > Add Condition.
Then, on the pop-up CONDITIONS window:
Select to Show or Hide for the layer in step 1.
Select which layer that decides to Show/ Hide the layer you are setting conditions for.
Select the operator as "equals".
Select a specific category or sub-category of the conditional layer in step 4.
When you're done, click the Apply button.
The button "Set Conditions For This Layer" is mostly used for Cliparts. It'll be needed when you want to show or hide a layers in some specific cases.
For example: We have a design using the Cat Clipart with two breeds: Long Hair Cat and Sphynx Cat. The costumes will differ in size depending on their breed. By setting conditions for each kind of Costume clipart to appear, your customers can avoid the glitch like the example below.
Furthermore, if you do not set condition for the Costume layer, and instead insert the hold Cat Costume category, your customer will have the customization experience as shown below, which is quite confusing and difficult for them to execute.
In some more complicated clipart, to help your customer's personalizing experience become easier, more convenient, and less confusing, learning how to set condition for clipart layers will address the problem.
SHOWCASE: INSERT AND SET CONDITIONS TO CAT COSTUME CLIPART LAYERS
Assume you're defining a product and want to include the following two conditions in your clipart:
Condition 1: The Long Hair Cat costumes will only be shown if you select the Long Hair Cat.
Condition 2: The Sphynx Cat costumes will only be shown if you select the Sphynx Cat.
Here's how to do it step by step:
Set the Condition 1 for the Long Hair Cat:
– Step 1: Insert the Cat Breeds Category layer. In this example, this category will include 2 cat breeds: Long Hair Cat and Sphynx Cat.
– Step 2: Insert only the Costume Clipart for the Long Hair Cat. Then scale the size of the costume to fit the Long Hair Cat.
– Step 3: Rename the Costume Clipart for the Long Hair Cat (Optional) > Then click the Eye icon to Hide this layer.
To make it easier to manage and set condition for the clipart layers later on, rename the clipart layer as soon as possible after adding it.
– Step 4: Select the Long Hair Cat Costume Clipart > Go to Advance Options, click the Set Conditions For This Layer button and set it as: Show This Layer if Cat Breeds equals Cat Breeds (Long Hair).
After that, click APPLY to finish setting up Condition 1 for the Long Hair Cat. Let's move on to the next step and set the Condition 2.
Set the Condition 2 for the Sphynx Cat:
– Step 5: Reselect the Cat Breeds Layer and change the preview to Sphynx cat by clicking on the Sphynx Cat clipart.
– Step 6: Insert another Costume Clipart layer but this time is for the Sphynx Cat. Then scale the size of the costume to fit it.
– Step 7: Select the Sphynx Cat Costume Clipart > Go to Advance Options, click the Set Conditions For This Layer button and set it as: Show This Layer if Cat Breeds equals Cat Breeds (Sphynx) > then click APPLY.
– Step 8: Rename the Costume Clipart for the Sphynx Cat (Optional).
– Step 9: Click SAVE to finish configuring these layers.
– Step 10: Re-order these layer by clicking the Re-order Field button.
View more about Re-order Field.
This should be your live store personalize preview if everything is set up correctly.
Updated on: 16/05/2022