Edit Product Page
TABLE OF CONTENTS
These are the primary contents covered in this article:
You can click the Arrow icon on the right corner to show/minimize the Update Product section.
Edit Store Product:
Click the Edit Store Product button to open the product on your WooCommerce.
Store Product ID:
A product ID in WooCommerce is a number that's used by WordPress and WooCommerce identify a product in your store. When you create a product in WooCommerce, it generates a corresponding ID for your product.
In your WooCommerce dashboard, go to the Products menu, choose All Products.
Hover over the product you need to know the ID number. The product ID will show up under the product name.
Product Link is also known as another name for Permalink. They are permanent URL structures used to help organize the content (products) of your website.
When you import a product to Dastomize, Product Link is automatically synced from your WooCommerce store.
Select the Product Type in Define design steps.
Learn More: Basic knowledge of the Define Design dashboard - Product type and Create & Edit Product Types
The Product Title is automatically synced from your WooCommerce when importing a product.
Click the Connect Fulfillment button to match your product with the provider's product variants.
What Variations are:
- Product variations occur when an item that has different attributes, such as style, color, and size, is grouped together with its variants on a single product page.
- WooCommerce allows you to add variations on the product level. However, you might have noticed that the maximum number of variations to add per batch is limited to 50.
Create a template:
- This function helps you group many templates of the providers as a collection. So you will not have to select each template one by one.
Step 1: Select the Provider.
Step 2: Enter the keyword to find the relevant products in the provider's catalog.
Step 3: Select or unselect the products.
Step 4: Hit the Create button to create a new template.
- For example, with CustomCat, we can create the template of Pillow as below:
A popup window will appear, asking for the new name of the template. Then, click the OK button to create the PILLOW template.
- After creating a product template, click on the drop-down list to find the matching template.
If you don't want to use a template, you can search/scroll down the Products menu and manually select the products one by one from the Provider.
- Hit the Save changes button to finish Connecting Fulfillment.
- Then all the selected variations will show up on your Edit Product page:
You can freely set the Categories of the product. One product can belong to multiple categories.
- The default setting is Uncategorized.
- You can change this setting by clicking the Arrow icon to see the dropdown list of your existing Product Categories.
- Click SAVE to apply the changes.
E.g.: The Demo Cat Pillow product belongs to Personalized Custom Cliparts Gifts and Personalized Gifts categories.
Remove a Category:
- Click the X icon on the right of an assigned Category to remove it from your product.
You are free to attach the Label(s) to a product. One product can have multiple labels.
- Click on the Label field. If you haven't created a label here yet, you will see a notice saying "Sorry, no matching options."
- Input the Label name, then Enter or click the new popup label. From now on, this label will appear in your Label dropdown list.
Remove a Label:
- Click the X icon on the right of an assigned Label to remove it from your product.
The product description is synced exactly as your input HTML Text on the WooCommerce Product page.
The product image is synced from the uploaded image on the WooCommerce Product page. On live store, it will be used as the first mockup photo of the product.
You can click the Arrow icon on the right corner to show/minimize the Personalization Settings section.
Enable this option to change the "Add To Cart" button to the "Personalize" button on the live store. Only then, your customer can personalize this product.
Click to open the Define Design page.
Learn more: DEFINE DESIGN
Set Default Template:
Whenever you create from 2 templates in Define design, you will have options to set the default template of your personalized product.
Preview Style Settings:
Learn More: Background Mockup
Show Preview Image With Background Mockup:
This option allows the preview photo to include its background mockup when customers personalize the product design.
Learn More: Background Mockup
You can enable this option to set the quantity of attributes.
For example, you can let your customers choose the version BOY or GIRL, or choose the quantity of cat clipart in a design.
You can click the Arrow icon on the right corner to show/minimize the Customize Variants section.
Please read the following article to know how to set up Custom Clipart Attribute and Customize Variant:
Learn More: Set Up Clipart Custom Attributes & Custom Variants
You can click the Arrow icon on the right corner to show/minimize the Variants section.
Click Auto Match Variants to match all Variants Fulfillment from your provider at once. Or you can manually find the matching variant.
An example for successfully matched Variants:
You can click the Arrow icon on the right corner to show/minimize the Product Images section.
The product images are synced from the uploaded images in the WooCommerce Product Gallery section. On live store, it will be used as the additional mockup photos of the product.
Updated on: 10/05/2022